“I’ve heard it said that people come into our lives
For a reason…bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow – if we let them…
And we help them in return.
Well, I don’t know if I believe that’s true…
But I know I’m who I am today because I knew you…”
Fate brought us together and God took us apart, but in forty years we learned so much from each other..from 20 year old kids to 60 year old “youngsters” we changed in a multitude of ways…from Greg’s bushy hair and mustache to my ever changing hair styles, we matured, learned to love in so many different ways, and learned to be the very best of friends. We lived a life of celebrations, challenges, joy, and hardships. We lived through happy times, sad times, angry times, and pure frustration. But through it all, we learned and grew…we grew to be better people…and I know I became a better person because he showed me the way.
The best Lessons I learned:
1. Be Kind…it gets you everywhere…whether speaking to a stranger or your very best friend, kindness is the only way.
2. Be humble…no one cares what you have, what you drive, or what you are wearing…
3. Pay attention…I’m learning that now with all the things I didn’t pay attention to and should have…my bad!
4. Find your passion and follow it – it will always bring joy into your life.
5. Forgive and let go – life is too short to hold on to things you may regret.
6. Love means having to say your sorry and mean it.
7. Live for today…tomorrow may be too late.